The Vermont Veterans Outreach Program staff have very diverse backgrounds and many of them have served in the different branches of the military. Their commonality is that they know what our veterans are facing every day. The Vermont Veterans Outreach Program has a proven track record in getting the job done helping our veterans receive the services they need and have earned for their service to our country.
Burn Pit Registry Link: https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/AHBurnPitRegistry/#page/home
By Thomas Snipp
| VTNG Family Programs | Dec. 2, 2019
The MISSION Act gives Veterans greater access to health care in VA facilities and the community, expands benefits for caregivers, and improves VA’s ability to recruit and retain the best medical providers.
Community Care Eligibility
You may be able to receive care from a provider in your local community if you meet specific criteria. Generally, Veterans must be enrolled in the VA to receive care, although some Veterans are not required to enroll to receive care. Eligibility further depends upon your individual health care needs or circumstances. It is
important to remember that under the Veterans Community Care Program, in most instances VA must authorize your care before you receive it.
Under the MISSION Act, there are six different eligibility criteria for community care. Meeting any one of these criteria for the specific care you need means you are eligible to elect to receive that care either through the VA care or community provider in the VA’s network.
• The specific care you need is not provided by the VA at any facility
• You reside in a U.S. state (AK, HI, or NH) or territory (Guam, America Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, or U.S. Virgin Islands) does not have a full-service VA Medical facility
• “Grandfathered” eligibility based on residence and the 40-mile eligibility criterion from the Choice program
• The specific care you need is not available within designated access standards
• You and your referring clinician decide it is your best medical interest to receive the specific care you need in the community
• VA has designated the VA medical service line delivering the specific care you need as not providing care that complies VA’s standards for quality.
For further information visit- www.missionact.gov for more details.
Vermont Veterans Outreach Specialist (Contractor)
Office: (802) 338-4318
Cell: (802) 310-0631