1. Why request a Patriot Award? A great way to thank your civilian boss for their support is to request an Employer Patriot Award. Request it quickly and simply by going to: www.esgr.mil. Click on the red tab that says, "Nominate your employer." Tell us what your boss does to support you in your military job. Spouses are also able to thank their boss for the support they give while the loved one is serving.
2. Should I request a Patriot award or a Freedom Award? If you have never requested a Patriot award for this employer, request the Patriot award. It's also the first level of awards for employers. If it is Freedom award season (1 Oct - 31 Dec,) your Freedom award nomination will most likely not be considered. Feel free to contact our office at 802-338-4187 if you'd like some advice.
3. As always, ESGR is available to support you (and answer your questions) if you feel you are not being treated properly by your employer, according to federal law (USERRA.) If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Call ESGR.
4. Most employers have never served in the military. Consider inviting your boss to a drill weekend, whether at home station or the training site. Mention it to your military supervisor and call us at ESGR for ideas and support.
5. Contact us at: 802-338-4187 or email@example.com.